Is the first dance on your wedding day making you a nervous wreck? Don’t stress, contact us and we will be happy to provide private wedding dance lessons for you and your partner. We have years of experience in teaching dance to the bride and groom to be.
Our qualified and friendly instructors will work with you to achieve your goals and make sure that you look and feel good on the dance floor when that special day does arrive.
When should I start my wedding dance lessons?
We strongly recommend that you start taking wedding dance lessons 3 to 4 months in advance if you want something simple and elegant. However, if you want something more complicated, you may require more time. Please note that the timeline also varies depending on skill level. Consult our professionals to get advice on how to achieve the wedding dance of your dreams.
What if we do not have a song picked out?
If you and your partner do not have a song picked out for your special day, do not worry we can help you pick something that will suit you and your wedding. We have many song suggestions to choose from, you are bound to find something that you like.
What are some things that we should keep in mind during our wedding dance consultation?
Some things to keep in mind when coming in for a wedding dance consultation, include the following:
- Are you looking for something slow and elegant or something that will stand out?
Have you picked out your song? If so, please bring it on your phone or on a pendrive.
- Will your song be edited? For example it will be shortened, or perhaps you will decide to combine different songs.
- Are you going to be on the dance floor when the music starts? Or are you going to walk in when the music starts?
- Do you want to start to learn from the basic dance patterns? And skills such as lead, follow? Do you want a fully choreographed dance?
* Some other questions we may ask you is about your venue, the size of the dance floor, and if the wedding or suit you choose to wear that day may hinder your movement.
While you don’t need to have the answer to all these questions, the more information you can give us, the better.
What can I expect at my first wedding dance lesson?
At your first lesson you will learn some basic steps, regardless of how experienced you are in the dancing field. We recommend that you choose to the wear the same or similar shoes that you would want to wear on your wedding day, in order to get more comfortable – especially if these shoes are brand new.
What about all my other wedding lessons?
Each following wedding lesson, you will learn an entrance (where applicable), steps and prepare a full choreographed dance for your big day. We will also give you plenty of time to practice and rehearse. You strongly recommend that you and your partner also practice outside of your lessons. The more time you put in the less nervous you will be and more comfortable you will feel.